Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Guess Who Found the Beets


Found 'em at Wal-Mart. As I was walking toward hardware, the clothing clerk saw them and said, "Beets?" I said, "Yes." She said, "I love beets."

These were no small beets, Lizzie, but the salad was good! The beets were subtly sweet, and as red as rubies. Kent thought they were bland, but then he used Thousand Island on his salad. What can you expect from a smoking vegetarian? Uh-uh. I didn't have sherry vinegar, but I did have sherry. Nice. I had some beets tonight with grapes and feta and apples, also very nice.

Another salad I'm really fond of right now is this one. If you haven't been cooking with Pioneer Woman, I suggest you check her out and have yourself some fun cooking right now.

And my friend Nicole, she's playing with raw which includes salads, salads, salads, and summer is coming, it's salad time.

2 comments:

Keetha said...

I'm kind of afraid of beets and I don't know why. Maybe I should give them a whirl.

Lizzie RePass said...

Oh my gosh, Donna, I have fallen in love with Pioneer Woman...I must check her blog every day now!!